[access-uk] Re: Watches

  • From: "John Farley" <j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:54:16 -0000

Hi Peter,

Some info about the Tissot watch.

You press the winder button in for a few seconds and then move your finger
clockwise around the outside rim of the watch face. When you get to the
hour, there is a long vibrate on that bit on the watch face. When you get to
the minute point there are a series of shorter vibrates to indicate how many
minutes, between 0 and 4, for how many minutes it is past the 5 minute point
on the watch face.

If you start again, but move in an anti-clockwise direction, it will do the
same, but for when the alarm is set. When the alarm is reached the watch
seems to vibrate at several points, enough to wake someone up if being worn.

I don't suppose there is any point in explaining the set time and alarm
operation, but they are similar to the above.

It is a great tactile watch and the best timekeeper I have ever had, it is
good looking as well. For those blind people who are active it will also
allow you to continue to wear the watch while doing your thing with sport,
particularly useful if that thing is water based. The only tactile watch
that does not look it.

Even though it was pricey, in my opinion, for those who wish to spend that
much money on a watch, it is well worth the money. Just think how much money
sighted people will spend on a watch.

I hope that explains it.

Regards, John

John Farley

        Personal Contact              Work contact
E-Mail: j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       john.farley@xxxxxxxxx