[access-uk] Re: Watches

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 12:32:28 -0000

Hi Culvinder.

I'm by no means an expert on Braille, but from what I've seen, the number of gadgets excluding of course dedicated Braille displays has fallen off a cliff. Perhaps this doesn't need to be said but there are more applications and thus more profit in producing talking and large print appliances than there are Braille ones. I think it wont be long before tactile watches and alarm clocks are the preserve of very niche manufacturing with the range being very limited to functional applications only. After all, who ever heard of a Braille watch with an alarm clock, you might as well make it a talking one.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Kulvinder Singh Bhogal
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:40 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Watches

new tactile watches?  Braille is making a comeback, is that what you mean?

Regards.

Kulvinder Singh Bhogal
Skype: bobba2006
Messenger: Kulvinder@xxxxxxxx