From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Martin Houghton
Sent: 06 March 2010 09:09
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: War on assistive technology (was: RE: Re: The dawning
of a brave new world ...

Hello Damon and everyone

I went over to the I phone at the end of last year because my old nokia n95 was
falling apart and my contract was up for renewal.  I would have probably gone
for the N 97 had it been fully supported by talks, but now I have the I phone I
haven't looked back since.  It works straight out of the box and a simple link
up to iTunes and going into the settings menu and finding accessibility will
activate the voice over immediately.  Yes, there is a learning curve, but once
you have played around with it for a while you do become more comfortable with
it and that is when you start to wonder how on earth you ever got on without
it.  Also, you also learn more ways of doing various things through various
gestures as well. All the best Martin