[access-uk] Re: WEB CAPTURES

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:26:53 +0100

OK, George, I get your drift ... and you've made it as clear as you can for me, for which I thank you! <Smiles>

Don't think I'll take your chair, thanks!  <Grins>

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:05 PM (UK time), George Bell at george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol,

You really need to see things from where I sit, and only see a small
part of what goes on.

Every day I see many attempts by web bots to sign up on Freelists
which are rejected.  If these get through, they can harvest valid, up
to date addresses from the lists in seconds and sign off.

Even web sites can get hacked in much the same way as I also know to
my cost, and so webmasters are sometimes forced to use such defensive
tactics.  I see spam coming through where they have obviously
harvested product names so I get mail for Duxbury@, Index@, Enabling@,
etc., etc..

Frankly, it's time International law was produced to deal with such
spammers, but I'll be pushing up the daisies before that day comes.

George.