[access-uk] Re: Vonage

  • From: william lomas <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:08:24 +0100

there is the v portal

On 27 May 2009, at 19:02, Dean Wilcox wrote:

Is there some kind of adaptor for people like me who happen to not have a wireless router and just have a USB modem connected to the phone line?

At 18:59 27/05/2009, you wrote:
Vonage is nothing to do with BT. Basically, Vonage send you a phone, you connect it to your modem or router, and your connected to their phone service. You can have the BT line removed if you are not using it for broadband or TV services. So, say you had Virgin Media cable and TV, and a Vonage phoneline, there would be no need for BT to be installed at all. No point paying for a BT line if Vonage won't be using it for its internet connection.

On Wednesday, May 27, 2009 06:34 PM, william lomas wrote:
ring me james i explain

On 27 May 2009, at 18:28, James & Nash wrote:

Hi folks,

i am looking to use Vonage when i move into my new flat. Could anyone who uses this service please contact me either on or off to list so that i can ask some questions as the person I spoke to at Vonage didn't really understand what I was asking.

Basicaly, i am wanting to know, if I get a BT line and then get a Vonage phone service, will my connection fee be transferred over to Vonage or wil i still be paying for my BT line as well?

Hope this makes sense
Thanks

james , Lyn, Nash and Twinny

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4109 (20090527) __________

James Scholes
Contact Info:
E-Mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
Skype: james.scholes
AOL Instant Messenger: jamesscholes000
Jabber: jamesscholes@xxxxxxxxxx

Social Networks:
Facebook: Profile 1375965156
Twitter: JamesScholes
Last.fm profile: jamesscholes000

Websites:
jls-radio.com
JamesScholes.com

Live Journal: jamesscholes000.livejournal.com