[access-uk] Re: Volume decreasing at Will.

Hi Darran, sounds like your speaker set up in control panel is set incorrectly. To change this to the correct setting (which is usually desktop stereo speakers), do the following:

Go to control panel.
Select Sounds and Audio Devices.
Press shift+tab until you reach the "Advanced" button. Note: It is important that you press shift+tab as aposed to tab on its own, as pressing just the tab will take you to the wrong button. Hit enter or space on the advanced button once you've found it, make the adjustments and then hit the ok button. Tab to ok in the Sounds and Audio Devices dialog, then close control panle. Hopefully, your problem will be sorted.

Darran Ross wrote:

|| Hi List.
|| I'm having a strange audio problem at the moment, whereby my volume
|| level will suddenly drop away and then return to its previous level.
|| It doesn't always return right away though, sometimes I have to wait
|| for minutes at a time for it to jump back up to where it was.
|| As I'm writing now, it has done this very thing - returned to normal
|| only to fall away again! Its not only happening with JAWS, all other
|| types of audio are similarly effected.
|| Has anyone any idea as to what might be going on here?
|| I've checked my volume settings in the Sounds and Audio Devices
|| manager, all appears to be well. I've also checked all connections
|| and everything seems to be properly housed.
|| Any thoughts gratefully received.
|| Regards.
|| Darran
|| ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
|| ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
|| ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
|| ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
|| ** and in the Subject line type
|| ** unsubscribe
|| ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
|| ** immediately-following link:-
|| ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
|| ** or send a message, to
|| ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq