[access-uk] Voice chats using Windows Live Messenger versus Skype

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:44:12 +0100

Hi all,
Couldn't think of a better subject line, so hope it's good enough. My girlfriend rung me on Windows Live Messenger today, and we notice that every now and again our voices are replaced by what sounds like crackling. I, however, do know that it's at one or both ends, however we're not sure if it's to do with our ISP's or just poor quality of Windows Live Messenger. What do you think? I've been using Skype permanently since the day we moved onto broadband and I don't notice any crackling at all, so I'm suggesting to Hannah that she uses Skype once again after several years of not using it. Do you all think this is the right move? Just want your comments and feedback really, and we're not really looking for ways to solve the problem, since personally I don't voice chat on Windows Live Messenger that much as I prefer Skype for voice chats and MSN for text chats. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

--
Chris Hallsworth

Derbyshire, UK

E-mail