[access-uk] Re: Vodafone 195 Free Directory Service

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:34:50 +0100

I phoned from the handset as instructed when I dialled the 195 directory.  Got
a message saying it was not set up and to dial 191 from the handset.  This I
did.  Explained to the person on the phone (who had never heard of 195
directory) what the service was all about.  He consulted his paperwork while I
was entertained to music.  Then he came back and asked me the number of my
handset.  I said I did not know but he should be able to see it come up on his
screen.  He did!  Then he asked me questions as follows, My PIN as an existing
user of 195 directory.  I gave him that.  After that he asked for my Name and
my Address.  That was all.  Then he said as it was Friday and the Bank Holiday
it would take 24-72 hours to set up.

Eleanor