[access-uk] Re: Vista delaying adopting

Tris.

I'm curious in terms of usability Will a screenreader user notice much
difference to their sighted peer?

I've heard that things are shuffled about and some things are refered to
differently.  Surely this will be a change for everyone?

Like Vanja I have a new machine that will take Vista no probs and likewise
am not planning on getting it on the 30th.  However, I also want to try it
out.

I'll probably install it as part of a dual boot untill i feel comfortable
enough to switch completely.

I realise this is a new OS and considerations need to be taken.  I am
concerned that people might be taking, (if diluted slightly), the same view
to Vista when we moved from command line to GUI.

It is a different platform granted but I do feel people are paniking a
little too much.
I also have a feeling that the business user viewpoint is being mixed in
with the home user/enthusiast.

I completely agree that anyone thinkign their going to install Vista and it
will just work might be unplesently surprised.  In saying this scepticism
for scepticism sake is also a tad annoying.

Barry
Ôà