[access-uk] Re: Visa CodeSure

  • From: Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:27:27 +0100

Hi Ed,

Yes, it will be interesting to see what they say about the mobile
applet.  My question was slightly tongue in cheek, as I know what the
general term "mobile applet" means but the way they threw it in there
sounded very casual and they didn't explain it at all.

I do feel concern about this, as just because (as Visa says we should
in their e-mail) customers let their banks know their needs, does not
mean the banks meet them; and the availability of the technology will
lead to more banks taking it up, and possibly at some stage things
becoming very difficult if you can't use the technology.  They should
be proactive in developing alternatives rather than just leaving it to
customers letting their banks know they can't use the methods and/or
leaving it up to individual banks.

Catherine