[access-uk] Very Slow Boot Up

  • From: "Margaret Smith" <jamieboy12@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 15:23:02 +0100

Hello

Until yesterday, my computer took at the most 30 seconds to boot up.  Now, for
reasons I know not why, it is taking the best part of five minutes.  Apparently
there's no unusual message on the screen, and the only program which has been
added lately is System Access.  I have even uninstalled this thinking it might
help, but it made no difference.  I have disk keeper so my computer should be
well de-fragged, and I have just done a disc clean-up, but with no change at
all.  Could anyone suggest what else could be the cause?  I have Windows XP,
JFW 7.10 and my virus protection is Nod32.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Marg.