[access-uk] Re: VISTA ready to go

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:00:42 -0000

Andy, very glad you've had such success in getting Vista going.  I'm
not about to make the move any time soon though.

You are using Windows Mail now?  If so, are you composing within the
program, or is it loading MS Word for that?  I hear it does this.
Talk about a sledge hammer!

I happen to use a word processor now named Jarte, which is an RTF word
processor with a good spell check.  It would be so nice if I could get
that to be my default email editor.  Mind, and without wanting to
drift off topic, you can do things the other way round, i.e. write the
message in Jarte and then have it put the text in an email.

With regard to HP computers, yes, I've always found they perform
somewhat better than the reviews in the mags suggest, and I've usually
found them quiet too.  I seem to recall their service is quite good
too, should you need it.

All the best.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: