[access-uk] Re: VISTA ready to go

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:46:05 -0000

Hi Andy,

Go to All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Windows Easy
Transfer.  There are various options available for
transferring data, and various methods for actually
connecting the two devices.

There's an FAQ about this in Vista's Help system.  Just
search for "Easy Transfer".

I did go the special USB East Transfer cable route myself
when I needed to copy stuff from my wife's old laptop to the
new one.

It did take a while, but the fact that my wife didn't kill
me, suggests that she got all her files and data across.

George.