[access-uk] Re: VIP Friendly Digital Media Centres

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:58:48 -0000

Hi Keith.

I'm currently at the same stage as yourself. My hi-fi is getting a bit battered now and I'm thinking of buying a new one. However, I listened to a demonstration of the Windows XP Media Center version on the Blind Cool Tec site at: http://www.blindcooltech.com/ When you get to the site search for a link titled "Media Center Demo" by a Mr. Larry Skutchan.

This demo introduces you to a piece of equipment which includes a computer, television, radio, cd player and dvd video player/recorder, all in one package.

As I listen to most of my music via my computer, hard-wired to my hi-fi, I am obviously very interested in this new technology, but I'm still a bit concerned about accessibility using jaws.

I'm actually very surprised that very little discussion regarding media centres has been seen on this list and would very much welcome advise from list members on this subject.

I've got some money coming soon and want to upgrade my hi-fi. But if I can have TV and Video built in then I'd probably be better buying a media centre, but as I said above, I'd hate to spend all that cash and find out that I could not access all the centres facilities.

Best wishes.

Andy.

P.S  Keith did you train in Forfar about 14 years ago with me?

Andy Logue alias the pool table lifter.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Rothwell" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>