[access-uk] Re: Using Accessible Web Publishing Packages

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:57:15 +0100

Hi Gordon:
the frame might actually have nothing to do with your site but rather be
to do with the provider of your domaine.
Where is your site hosted and how did you purchase your domaine?
some domain name providers, particularly at the budget end don't
actually hoste your site at the domain you have purchased but ratehr
redirect the user friendly domain to the less user friendly actual
location of the pages. this they do by delivering your page to the
domaine URL inside  a frame.

try viewing your pages on your pc rather than via the Web - if they are
frame free here then this is what's going on.

Adrian Higginbotham
Accessibility and inclusion adviser
British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ

  _____