[access-uk] Re: Urgent Nokia N86 help

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:32:09 +0100

Hi Hannah.
Just for clarity's sake, you do mean firmware don't you.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 10/05/2011 14:23, hannah day wrote:

Hi chris what about reformating or updating the phone ware?

chat soon hannah

Hannah Day
E-mail and Facebook: hannahday2009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN hannahday1989@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: hannah.day

On 10/05/2011 12:55, chris hallsworth wrote:
Hello all.
Sorry in advanced if this message appears as urgent, but you will
understand why from the below.

My friend Gary Price has a Nokia N86. In the last week, he has been
sending multiple copies of the same text message to his contacts,
particularly myself. He is with O2. He rung them up last week and they
say everything is fine at their end. But they were willing to send him a
new sim, which he now has. Unfortunately the problem is still occuring.
What is happening is he sends a message and it goes without trouble.
However in his outbox he notices that the message will be re-sent,
followed by a time. As a result the same message is sent one or more
times. Eventually the phone refuses to send any more text messages; it
goes straight to his outbox.
He is scared as he is thinking his phone might be packing up. He has not
had it long either.
Just to let you know, in case this makes any difference, he puts his
phone in power saving mode and he puts his phone in offline mode at
night.
So please advise on what he should do. Now, before any of you go snobby
on me, he could write this out himself, but since I am more technically
inclined I can explain it in a better way. Hope you understand.
Please, please respond as soon as possible.
Many thanks. It is greatly appreciated.
Take care.