[access-uk] Re: Upgrading RAM on Netbook

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:56:14 +0000

Know what you mean. I don't plan to use the netbook for heavy tasks; just browsing, e-mail, office work, instant messaging, occasional calling on Skype, and that's about it. I intend to use the netbook for what they're worth; to communicate in a more mobile fashion like everybody else does. The laptop will be used for the same purposes, with additional more powerful tasks like watching DVDs, rip and burn CD/DVDs, etc. I'm happy with the performance now anyway so will just leave it. Once again thanks all for the help. I'm new to this area of computing you see hence the many questions.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

I am also on Facebook.

On 29/12/2009 15:58, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi Chris.

In all honesty, a memory upgrade is only going to be worth doing if you
plan to multi task, watch dvd's or run intensive multimedia
applications. If you only plan to use your netbook for basic tasks such
as browsing while out and about, checking email and word processing,
spreadsheets etc, you'll not benefit greatly from a memory upgrade.

All the best, Ibrahim.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth"
<christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>