[access-uk] Re: Unusual problem with laptop

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:15:52 +0100

Hi Carol.

Hibernate is a software based function, it doesn't use hardware bios routines. I suggest going in to power management options and then the hibernate tab. Uncheck the box, reboot then recheck it. That has solved the problem before for me. If you have it though, Standby or sleep as its known in vista is much quicker. I can pull my laptop out of standby, the new one I refer to in under 2 seconds.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>