[access-uk] Re: Unreadable e-mails from Maplin and the like.

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:02:54 +0100

Hello,

I will have a look at this but I don't think this is the problem.

I can click on links in an e-mail and it will take me to the page the url is set to point at.

I use seamonkey as my e-mail program and I don't think there is an option to read all messages in plain text but I will have a poke around later.

Any more ideas?

Barry G wrote:
Hi Kevin - without more info I can't be sure, but I suspect you have
your email prog set to display messages in plain text.

I found this out the hard way for myself after experiencing the same
difficulty.

If you are using JFW, you should try pressing the left alt, left shift
and the H key when in the body of the message, This will toggle to the
html display and will then make most of these emails readable, it will
also make any links usable.

As I said, I can't be sure it's the solution but I hope it helps.

All the best,
Barry G
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick"
<the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>