[access-uk] Re: Unabridged books for Christmas?

  • From: "Steve Holmes" <steve.holmes5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:08:31 +0100

Ray,

Have you heard of Audio Book Choice.  The do a monthly catalogue either on
cassette tape which gives details of each of the books or the catalogue can
be obtained by E-mail which only lists the titles and prices but doesn't
give the details of what the books are about.  Every so often they do a
specific catalogue of just unabridged books.  You can get them on either
cassette or audio CD but the audio CD is not the Daisy format.  I've bought
quite a few books from there and despite them being pricey they are worth
it.  There is a website which sadly I at present can't remember but their
phone number is 01293 817733.  Hours 10.00 am. to 6.00 pm. Monday to Friday
Saturday and Sunday 10.00 am. to 2.00 pm.  The last unabridged catalogue
came out in August and it had some good titles in it.  I hope this helps.

Steve