[access-uk] Re: USING PHONE AND LAPTOP TO ACCESS WEB ON 3 NETWORK

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:36:00 +0100

You can use your phone as a modem but make sure you have a data plan so your not charged a fortune. 3UK have come a long way since there dodgy reception bad coverage days and I quite like them. I don't do this myself though as I'm on 3 pay as you go and apart from having restricted net access but even with full access it'd probably work out expensive without a data bundle.

Offtopic slightly but with Talks quite a few of the links to services on the services page don't talk so I have to click on them and bookmark the pages but that's got me round that problem for now.

At 14:13 02/08/2007, you wrote:
with talks, you are really limited to wap pages at the moment but you could
use a PC or an organiser such as a Braillenote or PacMate and connect that
way.  I've heard some dodgy things about 3 though in terms of reliability of
reception so I wouldn't touch them.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page