[access-uk] USB hard drives

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:13:26 -0000

Hi all -

In my research for pen drives, I've also been looking at external USB hard
drives, and am wondering what people have used successfully? Freecom seem to be
the cheapest with a 250GB for £55; I take it that these drives require no mains
power, so what are they like in terms of speed when transfering data? I've seen
some drives advertised as TurboUSB, does this somehow mean they are faster
drives?

From some reviews I have read, is seems that some drives have to be formatter
to NTFS, is this common, and how is a fat32 drive formatted so as to be NTFS?

As ever, thanks for all help -

Andy