[access-uk] USB Problem

  • From: "roger.south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:18:21 +0100

Hi All

Since my re-install the devices I plug into USB posts, and that is most of my
peripherals, seem to be running very slowly. This was brought home to me
yesterday when I transferred some files to my external hard drive and it took
many times the length it would normally have taken.

My USB sockets are an addition to my mother board installed by an engineer to
give me more flexibility. I'm wondering if it's possible that on the re-install
I've reverted back to 1.1 and need drivers to upgrade to 2.0.

If this is the case where do I look for the drivers on the web? How do I find
the name of the device I have installed? The engineer will not answer questions
on the phone, only by attending at £60 per hour plus VAT. Too rich for my
pocket.

If it's not a driver problem does anyone have any other ideas please.

Roger