From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Douglas
Harrison
Sent: 01 June 2006 17:40
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] USB Ports

I have a rather elderly desktop machine In which (perhaps
unwisely) I had a new HD, mother board and graphics card
fitted around 18 months
ago.   I am considering scrapping it although it is still
useful as a
second system but the lack of USB ports is a great handicap.

I cannot locate anything which feels like a USB socket on
the rear of the tower, but was surprised to notice in the
Billarch Adviser summary the following two lines

VIA Tech 3038 PCI to Universal Host Controller

and

USB Root Hub

I have since found the same items in Device Manager.

Could this mean that the new mother board had USB capability
but no
actual USB outlets were fitted?

Sorry for my ignorance, but my knowledge of hardware matters
is even more deficient than in the software field!

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison

link:-