[access-uk] Re: USB Hub

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:15:48 -0000

Hi Roger,

My advise on this one is to get an internal PCI USB card with several ports on
it.  Aria do a Belkin one for example for £20 which has 5 USB ports on it, this
is in addition to the sockets on your motherboard.

However, the only downfall with these is is if you plug things into this, it
can draw too much power from the PSU causing the PSU to shut connections to the
card and thus the ports to shut down.

In this case I would advise getting a powered hub - that is, something that
plugs into the mains socket, to use if this happens.

Andrew.