[access-uk] Re: UNLOCKING PHONES AND PURCHASING SIM FOR CONTRACT

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:00:23 +0100

Steve,

Yes, I think that's the thing - they wanted me to have a PAYG and I
wanted to take out a contract.  They would do contract but at a higher
price than I'd expected because of course they base the sim on the type
of phone and what you're doing with it.  As they no longer sell the 6600
they base it on the 6630 and the lowest tariff they would offer me was
£25, for which they offered more texts and free time than Mike would
need.

Thanks for clarifying the legality of unlocking phones.  I will not do
this unless I feel I have to and certainly am a little reluctant to do
it online myself.

Cheers.

--
Carol