[access-uk] Re: UNLOCKING MOBILE PHONES

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:17:22 +0000

This is just a guess but I expect a 6630 to be no problems. I unlocked a 6680 and its a similar kind of handset. They say in the FAQ that they can unlock the majority of phones in today's market and I doubt a Symbian phone would cause problems. If you want to be sure you can contact them at sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope that helps

Dean

At 22:02 19/03/2008, you wrote:
Dean,

I agree, that's a wonderfully simple site and they do all the work in providing the unlock code after a simple form; but I don't see anywhere that they put any restrictions, say, on the 6630 and other newer phones, as I've seen today elsewhere. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way of getting in touch with them, except by completing this form and paying your money.

Shame! I probably would have paid this amount if I could have been sure of a good result! <Smiles>

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:55 PM (UK time), Dean Wilcox at wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx said:

This might not be everyones cup of tea but last
week I decided to unlock my Nokia 6680 online.  I used Wireless
Unlocks at: http://www.wirelessunlocks.co.uk/
for just £4.80 including VAT.  I sent my info at
about 5 in the evening so wasn't surprised to
have to wait til the next morning for my unlock
code, maybe if you ask earlier in the day you
will get it that day too.  The instructions were
fine and I got the code to work first time.

As for unlocking yourself in general, once I
typed in the code the phone must display a
success message and ask ok to restart.  Well
Talks doesn't seem to be alive at this point so
if you put in a code and it all goes dead after
the last letter of the code, push soft key one
and hopefully your phone will restart like
mine.  Then just set your nearest city, time and date and your away.

At 16:29 19/03/2008, you wrote:
Hi Carol

I don't know about the sites you gave links to,
but we know a nice chap in our area who has a
shop selling everything mobile phone.  He
unlocks phones of all shapes and sizes for
£10.  From what I know, it doesn't cause any
problems for TALKS, but does invalidate your
warranty if it is under a year old.

I'm sure Nutty will let you know more though,
and will only be too willing to correct me if I'm wrong. (big smile.)

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol
Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:14 PM
Subject: [access-uk] UNLOCKING MOBILE PHONES

Hi all,

Well, I want to unlock my mobile for free,
which I know is totally legal, so, do I dare to do it?

First, has anyone done it themselves?  If so, will it work still
using TALKS? Second, I've looked at the following sites

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/

http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

and

http://www.unlockitfree.com/

All their methods vary a little.  It seems that
some talk about removing the sim card, whilst
the others do not.  Others will unlock anything
- but then I read that the Nokia 6630 cannot be
unlocked because it is a "BB5" model. This
restricts the phone and cannot be unlocked via
code or cable. Apparently I can only have this
done via my mobile provider (costing about £30 I think)!

Well, if anyone knows any different, please let me know.

It seems though that I could do our 6600, if I'm daring enough ...

Any comments (particularly experiences) most welcome.

Thanks.