[access-uk] Re: [UBEBLOCK HIT] Re: screen reader called Guide

  • From: "Phil" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:24:47 +0100

Hi Joan.

Your quite right in that you can't install applications within Guide
yet.

I can tell you that there is a function within Guide that will start
another application when Guide closes, for example 'Narrator'. If you
use this feature then Guide will automatically atart another application
for you so that there is always assistive support.

This option will work alongside any of the screenreaders on the market.

Maybe set this up so that you can close Guide to work on the desktop
using the likes of Narrator and then just restart Guide to get back to
your other features.

I also find that izoom is a nice little application which offers good
assistance on the desktop and it's a free download.

I hope this helps.

Regards Phil.