[access-uk] U3 Flash Drives

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:22:42 -0000

Hello,

I am looking to replace an ageing flash drive with something more spacious. Today I received an e-mail from Amazon advertising a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8GB U3 Readyboost Flash Drive for £9.99.

I realise that Readyboost might be useful for increasing available memory in Vista, but wonder whether the U3 aspect of this drive would be likely to cause problems with Jaws. I haven't had chance to look at a U3 drive before, but understand they have some extra software installed which enables you to run applications directly from the drive. If this is problematic for Jaws, is there any way of removing it so that the drive would work as a standard USB flash drive without the U3 capabilities?

Thanks,

Caroline.