[access-uk] Turning Off XP Computer

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:32:10 +0100

Hi List.

Over the last day or so I've been unable to turn off my PC in the
conventional way. Instead of the PC switching off after I tell it to, it
restarts. It restarts when I hit restart, and it restarts when I hit
stand-by as well come to that!

Basically, the PC will not turn itself off.

Each time it restarts, I also get a winlogon.exe error message as well.

I've tried running all sorts of virus checks and registry repairs etc, but
nothing is working. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem?

Regards.

Darran