[access-uk] Re: Tune In Radio app for iPhone and iPod Touch

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:21:08 -0000

Hi Phil

Well I have a couple of radio apps recommended to download and try when I
get time, but I'm not holding my breath any more on this streaming rights
fiasco.  We get a terrible DAB signal here, medium-wave is crap, and that
just leaves the Sky box to be sure of getting either Five Live or Sports
Extra  without the streaming rights issue, but it means that if someone else
wants the TV on, you are taking it away from them just for a radio station.

Tune In does the job and, when it doesn't I'll use Talk Sport or something
else I can see if I can fish out.  The Sonata is great until the rights
thing kicks in.  I can only think of putting this as politely as the
moderator would allow, and that is that the Premier League and all its
associates are a load of greedy b****rds.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability