[access-uk] Re: Trying to connect my Touch via wi-fi

  • From: Stuart MacMillan <bznclty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 06:15:32 -0800

A couple of things;
1) Is your password longer than 7 characters ?
2) Is your network name the generic name like netgear ? Change that
3) Have you reset the router  ? ( power on and off to reset the dhcp
device leases )

I also remember something from years ago that you had to add an extra
character to encrypted passwords on some networks to log in but i cant
quite remember it just now. I will go look

As you say the kindle is fine with it just the touch being picky but
that seems to be a general issue with Apples and netgears . I think
they want you to but an airport :-)

Stuart