[access-uk] Re: Trust me with your change

Hi Andy
YOU said about your wife and yourself

"We both realised that the shop had not recognized that I had
 handed over a  £20, mistaking this for a £10 note perhaps."

If I was a lawyer acting for the shop, I would be suggesting the shop gave
you the correct change, I would wave a printout from the till as proof.
I would suggest you dropped the note on the way to the car.

Note I am not saying this is really what did happen, I am showing you how
the other side can,  and more than likely would respond to your claim.
remember if you were in court, it  would be down to you, to show the proof
your story is true. you have no proof that the correct change was not given
to you.
So there is only your word.

You  have admitted  you did not check the change while in the shop.

Regards,  Derek