[access-uk] Re: Trust me with your change

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 09:14:21 +0100

I agree with these sentiments.  Some of us here are aware of the American
campaign for accessible currency and wish you the very best.  Our notes are
distinguishable by size, the £5 note being the smallest, and then working up
through £10, £20 and £50.  There may be higher denominations, but I have
never handled any!

I think that saying out loud what you are handing over is a good idea.  That
way the shop assistant can confirm this or tell you no, it is something
else, which you can then have checked by a bystander or whoever is with you.

Wendy