[access-uk] Trust Wireless Keyboard KB2950

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:07:35 -0000

A few weeks ago I mentioned on the list that I was buying a wireless keyboard.
I got the Trust KB2950 from an eBay business seller. I said after some use I
would post my thoughts on the device. I went for a Trust one because even
though they might be a little more expensive than some, pardon the pun but they
are a company I trust!

The keyboard is a little smaller than a standard desktop keyboard but is a bit
chunkier where it increases in depth at the sides. It has shortcut keys for
Internet, Email, Favourites, default music program and for performing certain
functions when in a media program such as forward/backward and volume up/down.
The keyboard layout is a little different than a normal keyboard with the Enter
key being somewhat the size and shape of the capslock key and there is no
Control on the right. Also, the Shift on the right is not as large as usual and
of course there is no number pad. Home, Page Up, Page Down and End are all in a
vertical column on the right of the keyboard. The fantastic feature of this
keyboard however is that it has an integrated trackball mouse with left and
right mouse buttons at their respective corners at the top of the keyboard.
Great if you like to use the mouse with the JAWS cursor as I do or with Window
Eyes. There is an on/off switch just below the mouse ball. There is a tiny
wireless adapter for plugging into the PC and the signal on this has never let
me down. I have been using it for three weeks now with the batteries which came
supplied and they are showing no sign of losing power, despite me going to bed
and leaving it switched on for several nights. That would be my only complaint,
there is no audible signal when switching on/off so once the PC is off you have
no way of knowing if you've forgotten to turn it off unless of course you have
enough sight to see the lights.

All round it's a nice keyboard, reliable and easy and comfortable for typing.
Easy on batteries and so far 100% sound on the wireless front. I thoroughly
recommend this product. Priced anywhere between £35.00 and £40.00 depending on
where you purchase from.

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses
owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory
organisations:
www.barkingbabs.co.uk