[access-uk] Re: TrueCall

  • From: "Jim Doherty" <j_doherty2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:32:16 +0100

Hi Jackie,

Would you send me the info in a txt format please, sounds very interesting.

Thanks
Jim
j_doherty2@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Cairns
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:41 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; 'BCAB Discussion List'
Subject: [access-uk] TrueCall

Some months ago, on whichever of these lists, a thread evolved, about a
product called TrueCall.  It is a small machine that plugs into your phone
line, and stops nuisance and unwanted overseas calls from companies or
individuals who ring to tell you your computer is on the blink.  If you are
daft enough, they tell you to go into different settings so they can hack
in.  Although BT offers services, not all of them work to be perfectly
frank, and some you have to pay for.  So when someone on one of these lists
recommended TrueCall, Martin and I did some research and read the manual.

We have now bought one, and have had no unwanted calls ever since.  You can
zap people you don't want bothering you, and you can buy an SD card for the
machine to record conversations or messages.  The whole bundle is extremely
accessible, and you can find out more info at
www.truecall.co.uk

You can get it on Amazon as well, but TrueCall are very helpful, and have a
free phone number for contacting a person directly.

I have the manuals in PDF or converted to txt format if anyone wants to take
a look.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns