[access-uk] Re: Tribute to Paul

  • From: "tony sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:42:09 -0000

Hi All,

Sorry folk, whoops,  my mistake in posting such to this list.

Goes to show how working late on the PC late after a busy day what it can do to one!

Briefly Paul Traynor has the:

vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

in a voluntary capacity assist us vips with all sorts of mini_tutorials and we want to remember him although he is not going anywhere any time soon! LOL

it's a list based in Ireland but anyone is very welcome to join and even to contribute to.

It's access-related and perhaps it's good to know the great work that mods such as he are doing voluntarily often late in to the evening atnd even weekends!

Wrong list to post
but no harm done, hope, and trust that we'll get a few new members from this although that was not the intention of my mispost!

Best, Tony Sweeney

----- Original Message ----- From: "ron sears" <r.sears1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "tony sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28/11/2011 2:10 am

Hi Eleanor,

Now take this in the spirit in which itt's meant as I know you will surely.

What a wonderful idea for awarding Paul.

Yes he doesn't want that, okay.

The thing is that he probably doesn't want to be singled out from his NCBI
colleagues as the one to be awarded such, in other words that he would be better
than them!

No you are not a quitter so here's what I propose.

Think of his voluntary effort with his list and then think of a forum then for
which that tribute can be done.

I don't know much about it but possibly Rehab People Of The Year is a path to
follow but I can't remember if it's for voluntary work or just voluntary
organisations.

Perhaps there is another route, organising something like folk perhaps on
another list or creating one yourself?

Not sure how to create such but perhaps those in the know could assist you in
that if you are interested.

Yes for sure Paul deserves some kind of public/private  award for his
endeavours.

I know that you won't give up, certainly trust not.

Cheers friend and have a think about all of that.

Best, Tony Sweeney