[access-uk] Re: Toshiba laptops - disabling FN keys?

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:33:58 -0000

Andrew,
Just had a look at the Manual of my Toshiba (over 2 years old though)
and it says that FN plus escape turns the sound on or off, i.e. it is
a toggle.  I am sure you have tried this and it probably does not
apply to your model anyway, but I thought it worth mentioning.

I had a similar problem myself some time ago, although not
necessarily caused in the same way, and I now have a utility called
Quickmix on the laptop with a hot key so that I can restore volume
control to normal without speech.

Please contact me off list if I can help by checking anything else in
my manual.

Douglas

--
Douglas Harrison