[access-uk] Re: Today's tips

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:47:12 +0100

Ummmm thanks to my magic brand spanking new coffee grinder I can attest that grinding your own is much much better than even buying ground coffee.

And the name if you can find the thing anywhere for a very wonderful, very, quote user friendly quote, *cheeky grin*, grinder is the.....

Burr Grind Hayden Coffee Grinder.

I bought as a brand new private purchase of a guy I made enquiries of on ebay concerning another grinder he was selling.

To give ya's a heads up on how it works.

It is white plastic rather than a stainless finish. All the buttons are
tactile and the time is automatic. It has 18, coarse to fine, grind
settings (click stop knurled wheel). It has 4 number of cup settings (4,
8, 10, 12) by way of 4 x separate buttons and a large on off button.

Also it is a "burr grinder" (as opposed to a knife style grinder). Some
coffee aficionados say the burr operation grinders are better because
they squeeze the oils out of the beans to improve the flavour.  I can't
profess to know if this is truly the case though early manual grinders
are burr operation as opposed knife operation.

It's about the size of a small kettle so you can fit plenty of beans in it.

Dj Paddy
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
-- Popular Usenet Sig
----- Original Message ----- From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>