[access-uk] Tiscali

  • From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:20:13 +0100

This is for those on tiscali broadband paying £16.99 for a 512mb package.
Today, I contacted them to ask for a migration activation code (MAC)  number
and told them about a cheaper deal that I could get with another provider.
Here's the reply I got:

Dear Mr. Hill,

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

I am unable to provide the MAC code as Tiscali do not support ISP
migrations.  This is because we do not share our network with other ISPs.

Tiscali has introduced several new products and packages at competitive
prices.  Please follow these steps to upgrade your package:

Please use the link:
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/members/myaccount/

1. Click on the 'Change your existing broadband package' link on the
webpage.

2. Next, enter the email address and password of your existing Tiscali
broadband package in the respective fields and click on 'Next'.

3. You will be offered 5 options:

- 512k - Up to 10 times faster, £15.99 per month.
- 1Mb - Up to 20 times faster with 2GB usage limit. Only £15.99 a month.
- 1Mb - Up to 20 times faster with 15GB usage limit. Only £19.99 a month.
-  1Mb - Up to 20 times faster with 30GB usage limit. Only £24.99 a month.
-  2Mb - Up to 40 times faster with 15GB usage limit. Only £19.99 a month.

Please select the package of your choice and click on 'Next'.

(Please note, if you are changing the speed of your broadband service, it
will take at least two working days for the changes to come into effect).

The new rates would be effective immediately.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/aboutus/contact/

Regards,
Nathan Woods,
Tiscali Customer Support.