[access-uk] Re: Thunderbird help.

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:27:05 -0000

It should also be said that there are many aspects of Windows Live Mail which are similar to Outlook Express.

Iain

-----Original Message----- From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 11:13 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Thunderbird help.

Hi Eleanor.

Windows Mail was a modified version of Outlook Express that shipped with
Windows Vista only.  It is *not* available in Windows 7, though some people
have managed to get it working by copying it from Windows Vista
installations they may have.  There are no features of Windows Mail that are
not already incorporated in to Windows Live Mail, part of the Windows Live
Essentials package.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Eleanor Burke
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:13 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Agreed Trace. Apparently there is a program called Windows Mail not to be
confused with Windows Live Mail, and it works in Windows 7 and is similar to
Outlook Express.

Eleanor