[access-uk] Threat

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:24:11 -0000

Hi All

I am not into spreading panic or alarm on the basis of hearsay, but my tutor
has just sent me an Email, in which he gave me the following information that I
have extracted from his message.  Since Ron has raised the issue of a serious
problem he is having, perhaps it is pertinent to mention this also.

Jackie, I read an article in Web User magazine the other day, saying that blind
and visually disabled people are being targeted with a malicious email that
offers them a free screen reader. When you download it, it renders your PC
operating system virtually unusable, infecting it with viruses and trojans.

I thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to pass it on to some of your
contacts.

I don't know if this relates to some mention of interference with JAWS that
someone recently posted to the list, but perhaps it is worth noting ... just in
case.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace