[access-uk] Re: Thoughts on a new list

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:13:35 +0100

Interestingly I was at an accessibility event last year on a panel being
asked questions. One of the questions from the floor was where are all
the discussions from blind people about technology. He couldn't find
them and, as a web developer, both wanted to take part and learn more.

My answer was that there is a mailing list culture within the blind
community. And a tendancy to come and ask a question rather than first
attempt to google. I think one is symptomatic of the other and if
questions and answers were better documented on the web then blind
people might be more enabled more easily.

Who knows.