[access-uk] Re: The nationwide website

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:20:14 +0100

Hi Adrian -

I ran in to difficulty on their website when applying for a savings account. They use Captcha codes, and have an audio alternative for screen reader users, but unfortunately, the link didn't work, no audio got played. I emailed them, and found the customer service very poor! They repeatedly asked me the "exact" nature of the problem, which screen reader I was using, and what was the exact nature of the issue. Each time I clearly indicated what was wrong, but all they did was to pass me to another person or department, who asked me the exact same questions. when eventually I said that I may well choose to decide to let the DDA know of my experience, I got some action, and one of their execs rang me. all this went on over a couple of months, by which time I'd opened an account elsewhere. The captcha thing now works, or did last time I took a look to see. Not my favourite website, or company! -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>