[access-uk] Re: The Benefits of Braille - for Tink

  • From: "Jillian Grant" <jillian.grant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 05:32:38 +0100

Mel, you're a woman after my own heart.  I love braille.  I don't use a
display with a computer, as I can deal with Jaws for emails and short text
reads.  But I could never listen to a long audio book through either that or
any other synth.  I find that just hearing a voice rather than reading means
that I don't take the info in.  I'm not much of a book worm anyway.  I get
all my bills in braille.   I'd probably be fine with them on disc, but it's
easier for me to read thm.  granted, it's bulky, but I'm so glad that I
actually learned to read.  something I feel more and more people like us
will start to miss out on.  I find that very sad, especially as I don't
consider myself old at all, just 25.

Jill.