[access-uk] Re: The Benefits of Braille - for Tink

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:26:12 +0100

        That's a great shame. Braille may not be for me, but that's not a
good enough reason for anyone to be discouraged or refused the opportunity
to learn.

        I wonder if it would be possible to learn Braille on the Net. I'm
thinking off the top of my head, so don't expect a foolproof idea here, but
if a Braille display could be rented for a period, would it not be possible
to learn in a distance environment?

        Lots of ifs, buts and maybes in there I daresay, but perhaps the way
forward is to use technology to promote Braille.

Tink.