[access-uk] Re: Temp folders

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:16:27 +0100

Hi Douglas,
When you are told there is nothing for removal in
the temp files, are you actually logged in as
administrator, or just with an account which has
administrative rights?  There is a very subtle
difference as I have found to my own cost.

George.

Douglas Harrison
> Sent: 27 July 2004 12:50
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: Temp folders
>
> Tristram,
> As I mentioned yesterday, Disk cleanup (at least
in XP) is a
> puzzling utility.  It tells me consistently that
there is
> nothing availble for removal in Temp, yet I have
substantial
> amounts in both c:\windows\temp and c:\documents
and
> Settings\Administrator\Local
> Settings\Temp.
> I regularly clear Temporary Internet Files via
the Tools menu
> in IE and empty the Recycle  bin, so Disk
Cleanup is of

wrote:

> > A good step is to use the disk cleanup wizard,
whilst it does not
> > clean up everything it will certainly go some
way to
> dealing with the
> > dead wood in your system.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > Tristram Llewellyn
> >

> --
>
> Douglas Harrison
>

> ** Going on holiday and want to halt messages?
Send a message to:-
> ** vacation ## d
> ** where ## is the number of days followed by d
for days.
> ** For other things like digest mode, send a
message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
Subject:- faq

-- Type: application/ms-tnef