[access-uk] Re: Technology Now & Then for Vips

  • From: "JILLIAN GRANT" <geordiecompuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:14:09 +0100

I don't use my perkins much nowadays but it has its uses for things like labelling cds. I know there's the dymo gun, but I like to use all the contractions available to me and of course the dymo gun doesn't have them all. I did try with the dymo tape and adaptor but the tape used to fall through no matter how tight I pulled it, so dots didn't come out very well for me. I use the sticky back plastic sheets and get someone to cut the lines out for me then I cut the labels. I write as many words as I can on each line. that may be a few album titles or just 1.

I still have my old tandy talking clock. It's 25 years old or so and I guess if I put batteries in it should still work. I don't though as it takes 3. quaint and dated though it may sound, I love it. I used to have the sharp talking calculator, the 1 with the alarm and timer and all that on it. would love to have 1 of those again, plus the Sharp talking clock and the Vox talking watch, though I bet there's few of those left. They were so fragile.

Jill.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>