[access-uk] Re: Talx, mobile networks and Talx capable phones: (WasRe: Re: Wildfire to be put out)

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:25:26 +0100

Messagehi, i spotted the 9500 on their site today, only on contract though!! ah
well.
kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers discussion list
contact me on kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx
              From: Justin R

              I'm pretty sure this isn't an option with Virgin mobile.  With my
experience of making enquiries about joining Virgin and, explaining that I
couldn't sign up straight away and buy one of their selected phones due to the
talx issue.

              They seem to understand what I meant when I mentioned the talx
software.  HOwever, if they did sell any phones with talx put on them, they'd
have said I've no doubt.

              I think only Vodafone are the ones that offer talx ready phones.
Orange seem clued up on with the talx software, having spoken about it with
their customer service on several occasions and, at the Orange shop.

              If you wanna go with one particular network and don't want
vodafone, you'll have to buy talx separately from your phone.

              Justin