[access-uk] Re: Talx

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:06:35 +0100

Hi Mark,

At last, a voice of reason.

Not only that, you could potentially have four copies of Talks for 300 quid.
Considering the asking price for a full copy is 150, that's half the price
you would pay if you bought four copies outright.  Remember also, that
Scansoft do not and cannot, deactivate your previous phone, so for 200 quid,
you immediately can have two copies of Talks.  I make no pretence about
this, I am a Talks dealer, but I don't see how else they could control it.
If you allow someone just to transfer to another phone for free, then this
is bound to be abused.  Let's suppose that one of you buys a copy of Talks.
Your friend sees it, and loves it, so you say OK, I'll tell Scansoft that
your phone is my phone, just for the purposes of transferring the licence
for free, you then get a free copy of Talks for your friend.  They then do
the same, Scansoft would never sell many copies, we wouldn't then get all
the nice features we have, so the product's life would end.  Is that what
you all want?  OK, I know you are going to tell me how honest you all are,
but I don't care.  It doesn't have to be you, but the system will surely be
abused, if you allow free transfers.  So those who don't like the price of a
Talks upgrade, please let's be constructive about this, and please tell us
how this could be done for free or cheaply, and remain controlled?

OK, rant over, but this has come up so many times, to the point that it is
boring.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx